Saturday, July 27, 2013

Praying to Jesus vs Iglesia Ni Christo

Based on a tract I received from a member of the Filipino group "Iglesia Ni Christo" aka INC aka Iglesia ni Kristo aka "Church of Christ", they do not believe in praying to Jesus, and claim the bible makes no mention of it, and is therefore not acceptable. The tract can be seen below in the previous blog post. Likewise it also seems that Jehovah Witnesses and Christodelphians take issue with praying to Jesus also.

John 14:13-14 makes mention of praying to Jesus by Jesus Himself.

And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it.--John 14:13-14

Acts 7:59 is an explicit mention of praying to Jesus
While they were stoning him, Stephen PRAYED, "LORD JESUS, receive my spirit."--Acts 7:59

No comments:

Post a Comment